Thursday, April 14, 2011

Ennui


In my association with Boredom
What has come to pass is this...

It engulfs me like a canopy
Casting its dark, sinister shadow
Reducing me to a mere shell of my former self
I know not what to do
I am bound in its odious embrace
Which in a futile attempt, I try to push away
Nevertheless its tenacious hold on me stays
Causing me immeasurable misery
Which I try to subdue with desperation.

There was a time, when
Fortitude would come to me
In the guise of friends
When I could take refuge in youth
With all its ardour and allure
But as Time has faded them away
I have nothing to call my own
Languishing in its iron grip
Awaiting the end of Time….

1 comment:

  1. Its abstract to me as I read it. I must have missed a few links. Very well written. I like the way it ends. Congratulations on your first poem.

    ReplyDelete